Catholic health care follows “The Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services” (ERDs), providing moral guidance on the delivery of medical services. At Fiat Integrative Health in the Cool Springs area of Franklin, Tennessee, the team of family medicine and mental health providers practice health care according to the ethical principles of the Catholic Church. They provide compassionate care, respecting patient autonomy. Call the office today or book an appointment online to learn more about Catholic health care at Fiat Integrative Health.
Catholic Healthcare Q&A
What is Catholic health care?
Catholic health care sees health as an orderly integration of the whole person — mind, body, and spirit. You achieve wellness when all areas of your person (mind, body, and soul) are properly cared for and functioning.The Fiat Integrative Health team members fully live their Catholic faith, providing compassionate care and responding to the dignity of each unique person who walks into the office. They fully respect each patient’s right to govern their health and make their own choices.
What are the principles of Catholic health care?
Catholic health care is dedicated to serving those in need. The social responsibility of Catholic health care is guided by five principles:
- To promote and defend human dignity: Catholic health care believes in the right to life and the right to adequate health care to promote and defend human life.
- To care for the poor: Catholic health care is for all. Fiat Integrative Health provides affordable medical services for the entire family.
- To contribute to the common good: Catholic health care focuses on helping the community for the common good. At Fiat Integrative Health, the team cares for all patients and believes in patient and parent autonomy, respecting all personal health care decisions.
- To exercise responsible stewardship: Exercising responsible stewardship in Catholic health care is the promotion of equal and fair medical care to the entire community. The team at Fiat Integrative Health aims to be the provider families trust.
- Adherence to the moral teachings of the Church: The Catholic faith is committed to the sacredness and dignity of human life from birth to death. Following their faith, Fiat Integrative Health offers natural fertility methods for women’s health.
What can I expect from Catholic health care?
You can expect compassionate, patient-centered care from the Fiat Integrative Health team. Using the Catholic Church as their guide, they take a holistic approach to managing all your health needs by caring for your mind, body, and soul.
The team practices integrative medicine, using modern medical treatments and alternative therapies. This allows them to create a holistic plan that cares for all aspects of your health to prevent disease and promote wellness.